Pattern Review Vogue 2624 (out of print)

82% Cotton 18% Rayon
(sold out)

The fabric was very easy to sew-no nap-and I didn’t worry about matching the print.  In fact, I used the reverse side for the front facing just for added interest.  The side opening pockets were fun to construct.

Pattern alterations: I did increase the size of the sleeves-this is a modified kimono sleeve so I had to allow for my large upper arms and the area around the elbows for movement and tapered it back to the wrist.

Interfacing: I used medium weight woven fusible just for the collar and front opening.
Lining: I used the cotton batiste in turquoise (sold out) from Sew Much Fabric.  There are no buttons.

Accessories from Talbots Outlet

If you still have this fabric in your stash, here is an inspiration on what the fabric could become!
Thanks Beverly!

1 Comment

  1. Fabriholic
    January 19, 2012 / 4:22 pm

    That's what I love about our fashionistas….We know how to work Fabric. Great job Beverly

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *