Pattern Review Burda Style 03/2010 #107
Red Roses and Khaki Leaf Print
Prewash: Cold water/perma press cycle and dry on perma press. There was no shrinkage.
Alterations: The bodice required my normal FBA (full bust adjustment). I added 1″ for the full bust and 5/8″ to the under bust seam to put it in its proper location. To do this I first matched the alteration lines on both the side bust and center bust pattern pieces.
Draw a second line 1″ above the bottom seam line.
Slice and spread the patterns, true the seam allowances.
I also shortened the skirt 1-1/2″ and added shoulder straps.
Construction Details: I added to the midriff a 7/8″ black with white polka dot grosgrain ribbon from my Mom’s stash. To get a good center point, fold the ribbon at the center point and pin.
Stitch the fold in place.
Sew the ribbon in place, stopping at the center seam on both the left and right
Sew the upper bodice to the lower bodice again stopping at the center seam both left and right.
I added boning to the lining at the side seams and back seams
and seam binding on the hem.
Midriff and Pockets
Conclusion: This is a great patten and on point with the current fashion trend of side pockets. I’m making this again in a silk dupioni.